Pakistan's ship recycling industry operates on the Gadani beach in the Balochistan's coastal area. The beach is about 50 km northwest of Karachi. Today about 200,000 people earn their living from this industry, either directly or indirectly.
- 2010 was the best year for the recycling industry
- Increase in capacity
- Push for improvements...“partnering” with Turkey
- Prompt delivery due to no beaching tides
- Low D/A
- Gas free for man entry only required
BEST MARKET FOR
- LARGE LDT tonnage
- Small LDT under-tow vessels from the Middle East
- Only one yard currently has ISO Certification.