Insurance & Claims Executive
Job ID:18 | Exp 5 years | Dubai
Posted on 18 Nov 2019
The candidate will serve as Insurance & Claims Executive primarily advising on complete array of Insurance & Claims for demo and trading fleet. The position reports to the CEO of the Company.
• Responsible for cost effective insurance placements for single voyage (H&M, P&I), crew insurance and renewals for trading fleets.
• Responsible for handling various shipping claims (H&M, P&I, FD&D, GA, crew claims etc.), settlement negotiations and agreements.
• Review all claims based on supporting information in order to form a position on liability and merits of claims.
• Negotiate settlement proposals and liaise with insurers to seek agreements and reimbursements and ensure funds are received.
• Liaise with underwriters/brokers, surveyors, P&I clubs, club correspondents and claimants as necessary.
• Coordinate warranty surveys for single voyage and timely compliance of certificate of Approval.
• Coordinate condition surveys on trading fleet.
• Proactively advising trade desks, operations, technical and chartering desks on insurance matters.
Skills & Qualifications
• 5 years’ experience working with P&I club or established ship owners/operators as Claims Adjuster/Handler.
• Prior experience of working with external law firms and resolving disputes successfully.
• Knowledge of international conventions relevant to the carriage of goods.
• Sound knowledge in resolving disputes/commercial settlement negotiations.
• Excellent command over English language.
• Independent, analytical and able to work under pressure.
• Possess sense of urgency & ability to multi-task