Job ID:22 | Exp 5 years | Dubai
Posted on 08 Jun 2020
A person who well understands the cyclical dry cargo market and is responsible for fixing the owner’s in-house fleet of vessels. He/she will be part of the chartering and operations team and report to Head of Chartering. This is an exceptional opportunity for a person in a company that is poised for significant growth in the next 5 years.
• Evaluating global trade opportunities/patterns and recommending fixtures for a fleet of dry bulk vessels (from handies to Capes). Fixtures can range from spot (preferred), TC (flat or index linked), Pools, BBC, etc.
• Post-fixture follow-up. Collection of freight, demurrage calculations, discharging operations, coordination with 3rd party managers and crew, etc.
• At times, fixture of container and wet cargoes.
• Minimum 5 years full time experience as a dry bulk chartering broker (or in-house).
• Experience in Capes and Kmaxes preferred.
• Good global contacts with charterers.
• Attention to detail. Persuasive. Strong business acumen. Ambitious and self-motivated