BUNKER PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Job ID:14 | Exp 2 years | DUBAI
Posted on 22 May 2019
The candidate will be responsible for procurement of bunkers/lubes for in-house fleet and vessel operations
• Identify requirements and accurately calculate the grades and quantities needed.
• Select the best ports for replenishment based on the voyage ahead.
• Collect Delivery receipts and invoices to ensure all documentation is in place.
• Monitor prices and purchase bunkers in coordination with market movements.
• Negotiate any and all terms and conditions for bunkering contracts.
• Handle claims with traders and suppliers.
• Keep records of bunker fixtures and demonstrate cost savings for the company.
• Coordinate the entire bunker and lube delivery in all ports by communicating with agents and technical managers ensuring a timely and cost-efficient supply.
• Develop relationships with bunker and lubricant traders and suppliers worldwide
• Maintain speed and consumption data for the entire fleet and ensure best performance of the fleet
• Be an integral part of operations department
Skills & Qualifications
• 2 years’ experience in bunker trading or procurement of bunkers for in house fleets
• Good understanding of contract terminology
• Strong commercial mindset
• Skilled at negotiations
• Team player
• Fluent in English